Search This Blog

Thursday 23 June 2011

temptation to ......

I was sitting in the room and thinking about how much temptation we have to do/ have/want in life... u know what I'm talking about.. anyway...... I know... I am suppose to sleep and have a good rest because 2moro is my exam.. but, i kindda had a good sleep just before and woke up in the middle of the night....

Alhamdullilah.. (praise to Allah) The past few months I have had something good going in my mind... But, I think I should say it out LOUD so that maybe, it will come to me eventually.. And hopefully, I will be able to do it... soon... sooner, the better..


Honestly, I have been checking out this one guy on YouTube..Baba Ali.. he's an American Muslim, he converted his religion to Islam after doing research about the religion.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbDeEvMgQ1k

What I found is really really great is the fact that he is in America. Not in some Middle Eastern country or somewhere in Asia..On top of that, his family is secular. His family believes in science and technology. However, Baba Ali is a very curios guy. He kept on looking for the truth and start researching about a few religion. Before, he was a Wiccan, a religion that believes there is power in  rocks, sun, etc.. Later on, he realize this rock can't even save themselves, how can he believe in these rocks?

He went on research about lots of religion to find what is the truth...

He finally saw the truth in Islam after reading the Q'uran as it tells the complete way of life. The thing that he made him believe is the fact that how science and Q'uran is very much connected. After being a Muslim, he realize that Islam is more than a religion; it is actually the way of life: it changes everything in his life. The way he thinks, he acts, his clothing, his perceptions, his views, well.. basically.. EVERYTHING..

After being a Muslim, he decided to put up videos on Islam: his videos are very educational and helped me a LOT on viewing Islam in a beautiful way.. I find it really amazing the person that blew my mind off with the religion that I was born with is a dude form America who converted in Islam. Obiously, he knows a lot more than I do!

I love the way he views Islam.. and how it is actually beautiful! The problem is not the religion, the problem is the people. After living for the past 25 years, studying Islam in school, Sekolah Agama (Religion School), mengaji (reciting Q'uran) with all the ustaz and ustazahs ((religious teachers).. not even once they  told me how beautiful the religion is.. In fact, they made the religion looks scary and how strict it is...

Anyway... after looking up this religion closely for the past few months..I saw a lot of things actually clashes with our culture.. The problem with us is how we try to find the parallel in the culture and the religion. It doesn't work that way at all..

Islam is Islam. It has got nothing to do with our culture. If it is haram, it is haram..(forbidden)

And this derives me to my main issue of the topic... I just wanna say out loud my desire to start wearing a hijab.I find myself contradicting with my own self. I am a believer, but I am not doing the main thing that is to cover my aurat from non-muhrims..

Alhamdullilah, Allah opened my heart to take a few big steps in life. And I believe this is one of it too.
I have been keeping this desire to myself. But, I know if I don't speak up, I may not do it anytime soon.

Well, I guess that is all I want to say..

btw, try to check out this guy.. it might change your view too. insyaAllah.. 








 

4 comments:

  1. greetings from across the world

    your cousin, dora :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alia, this is Kak Kart. I felt the same way as you do when I was in the States. It's interesting that we became more curious about our religion (that we inherit) when we're outside of our "world". I've never felt so close to Islam before until I was away.
    Over there, if you're a Muslim, the you are a Muslim. We are all brothers and sisters, covered or not. Nobody judge you based on how you look or act. Bottom line is that we all believe in the same higher power and that makes me feel that Allah is always close to me.

    Just like you, I've been going back and forth about covering myself (it's not like I 'exposed' myself too much in the first place). But I guess, before I do that, I need to make sure that my ibadah is perfected first, my heart needs to be clean first, and my 'akuan' to Allah is strong before I 'show' 'em with my attire. But that's just me.

    Congrats on the 'makeover' (if you have or still contemplating). Hope to see you soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Love you babe! Just follow your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey kak dora! hope ur all good over there! =)

    kat kart! thanks for sharing! =)

    madihah sista! love u too babe! =)

    ReplyDelete